Weeks of Major Road Closures Begin Monday | Transportation
Five Henderson roads will be closed to through traffic - one road each week for four consecutive weeks - where they cross the Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR) tracks. UPRR will be replacing the roadbed under their tracks at crossings with Green Valley Parkway, Valle Verde Drive, Arroyo Grande Boulevard, Stephanie Street, and Gibson Road.
Work will begin Monday and proceed per the following schedule. Each road closure is scheduled for five days:
- Monday, May 23 - Tuesday, May 24: Green Valley Parkway (between Warm Springs and Robindale)
- Wednesday, May 25 - Friday, May 27: Valle Verde Drive (between Warm Springs and Windmill)
- Monday, May 31 - Thursday, June 3: Arroyo Grande Boulevard (between American Pacific and Windmill)
- Monday, June 6 - Friday, June 10: Stephanie Street (between American Pacific and Wigwam)
- Monday, June 13 - Friday, June 17: Gibson Road (between American Pacific and Wigwam)
UPRR will be using a piece of equipment that is 80 feet long to hold each track segment in place while they remove and replace the roadbed beneath the track, necessitating the complete road closure at the crossing.